Historical

 

 

The building of the Place Excelsior is historically one of the engines of socio-economic development of the region. It is an integral part of the history of Bedford.

Its geographical position is not enviable only for its proximity to the American territory. The Brochets River is known for its hydraulic power, which allowed the implantation of several industries at the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th on its banks. As a result, many families and businesses have settled there over the decades.

Today, this building has as many stories, size, possibilities ...

Dates to remember ...

1884
Mr. William Corey established his business, Corey Needle Co., at 110 Rivière Street.

1888
The building is devastated by a fire; it will be rebuilt using red bricks.

1913
The building is sold to Torrington, a company located in Connecticut. It became the nucleus of its first activity in Canada. The factory became the main engine of the economy of the city of Bedford. Its main activity is the manufacture of needle valves for industrial knitting machines.

1930
The company occupies a prominent position in Bedford, with 562 employees working there. It became one of the most important employers in the history of the region.

2008
The factory is sold, which puts an end to the manufacture of needles. This is the end of a chapter, the development of entrepreneurship will be decisive for the continuation of the story.

2012
The building becomes Place Excelsior, commercial and industrial rental building.
Google Traduction pour les entreprises :Google Kit du traducteurGadget Traduction

Voisinage Espaces à louer Immeuble Historique Contact